-------THEME 01 BY NATALIE (VATICAMEOS.TUMBLR.COM) DONT REMOVE THE CREDITS NEITHER USE THIS CODE AS A BASE-------/>
Because this deserves an entry of its own.
Whatever you think you know about Jed Brophy… you don’t even know half of it. Here are some facts we learned at HobbitCon:
- He knows pretty much everything about Tolkien and lotr
- He never (never!) stays still
- He can walk on his hands. He showed us. It was glorious.
- He has headcanons for Nori. (For example: Dori and Nori leave to reclaim Moria together with Ori, Balin and Oín; and those bones that are scattered around Balin’s tomb? Yeah, that’s Nori and Dori.)
- He and Mark Hadlow have known each other for 25 years and love each other so much I died during their panels. There was a lot of inappropriate touching and hugging and complaining and mothering and they had us in tears!
- He, Mark and Adam are their characters in real life. (Mark: “You know, in the film, Ori tries to get away from Dori and starts to listen to Nori more and more. *audience laughs* And you know what!? It’s beginning to happen in real life as well!” Cue Jed and Adam running out from backstage. They visited each other’s panels constantly, but you probably heard about that already :D
- When it was time for my photo sessions with him I had already met and talked to him a couple of times, and when I walked in he greeted me in character. “Hey, Bilbo, how you doin’? Gimme back my gold, you little burglar!” (I think he was referring to the troll gold? :D)
- He is the loveliest and kindest man you will ever meet. He’s also totally cuckoo, but if there’s one thing we learned at this convention it’s that they all are.
(In that picture, I asked him to arm-wrestle me and he said I was pretty strong. He even made sure the picture had turned out alright and said it looked awesome. And it does :D)
EDIT: Well, this post blew up quickly!
I just need to add here that I also got official photographs done with all the actors and only felt comfortable approaching Jed for an arm-wrestling session because I had talked to him about the films, Peter Jackson, Tolkien and a lot of other things earlier that day and because the tumult at the party had slowed down a bit at that point. The photograph was only made by a friend after we had already started arm-wrestling. Specifically asking for photographs outside of the official sessions isn’t really my thing because it feels respectless. I much rather spent my time talking to the actors. (John Callen showed us his ring! It was so beautiful <3)